[langsec-discuss] How do i prove a Domain Specific Language is of particular formal grammar

Krishna Sashank O V (MS2011006) Krishna.sashank at iiitb.org
Thu Sep 6 07:53:24 UTC 2012

Hi ,

I have come across this interesting paper<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/%7Esergey/langsec/papers/langsec-tr.pdf> on langsec, that talks about "Security applications of formal language theory" ,

At the page number 8 states that HTTP is context-sensitive , javascript is non deterministic context-free etc .

Now, we have a domain specific language that is XML based i.e SAML ( Secure Assertion Mark Up Language )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Assertion_Markup_Language

I would like to analyze and prove the class of chomsky hierarchy of languages it falls under , like whether it is regular, deterministic context-free , etc ?

How do I start about this exercise , are there any references of similar exercises ? any directions ?

Regards

Sashank