[langsec-discuss] Security oriented language links (short)

Andrew munin at mimisbrunnr.net
Tue Jul 23 19:00:30 UTC 2013

Putting security into languages has been a thing in PL for some time. Not sure why more people don't know about it.

Another fun thing is the TouchDevelop platform from MSR. They can do static information flow tracking in user generated apps to put upfront warnings about security and privacy concerns for arbitrary TouchDevelop programs (1). I saw a demo at POPL12, it was pretty cool.

1: http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=152507