[langsec-discuss] Theory of Computing - Recommended Resourcess

Meredith L. Patterson clonearmy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 23:18:34 UTC 2014

We used Sipser's _Introduction to the Theory of Computation_ for both the
undergraduate and graduate theory of computation courses when I was at the
University of Iowa, and I still use it as a reference a lot. Algorithms and
discrete math were the only prerequisites, and the book is written pretty
accessibly. It is definitely worth doing at least some of the exercises;
they considerably enhanced my understanding of the material.

Cheers,
--mlp