[langsec-discuss] Studying malware in terms of LangSec

Sashank Dara krishna.sashank at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:34:21 UTC 2014

Hi ,

Am curious if we can study sophisticated metamorphic and polymorphic
malwares of current day in terms of langsec ?

Classic File hashes like MD5,  SHA etc are no longer helping in identifying
malware programs that are mutating . So current research is around using
control flow graphs or structural properties or feature vectors in order to
identify malware files belonging to similar family.

how can we identify two (or more) programs that produce same malicious
affect , say using theory of computer science and lang sec principles

Regards,
Sashank
http://lnkd.in/88sgfr