[langsec-discuss] lowRISC

travis+ml-langsec at subspacefield.org travis+ml-langsec at subspacefield.org
Sat Jan 3 19:23:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:44:43AM -0700, Michael Ossmann wrote:
> These folks are working on an open source SoC with tagged memory.  They
> have some slides and a paper discussing security motivations.
>
> http://www.lowrisc.org/

Peter Neumman gave a long, rambling keynote at Cornerstones of Trust
on a complex, "holistic" (non-point-solution) secure system:

http://www.csl.sri.com/users/neumann/utah13+x4.pdf

I was very interested in the details of his work, as it appears he
must have done a great deal of research.  Unfortunately as with most
very ambitious projects, it's not clear exactly what the output will
be, and he kept mentioning they had a verilog implementation of a
simple RISC core which I'm sure is an accomplishment but not terribly
useful to me.  I got the impression that one might find papers on the
various security aspects forthcoming, or possibly already on his site.
--
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Split a packed field and I am there; parse a line of text and you will find me.