[langsec-discuss] a question on code volume

travis+ml-langsec at subspacefield.org travis+ml-langsec at subspacefield.org
Sat Jan 10 04:31:36 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 03:52:03PM -0500, matt wrote:
> qmail is a pita to configure and use.  usability is a much greater factor
> in adoption than security.  whether you like that or not.

http://csiss.org/classics/content/99

	George Zipf: George Zipf: Human Behavior and the Principle of Least Effort By Benjamin Sprague

        [...]

	Zipf refers to usability expert Jakob Nielsen who devised a
	law of user experience that echoes this sentiment: "Users
	spend most of their time on other sites. This means that users
	prefer your site to work the same way as all the other sites
	they already know." Zipf identifies this to say that people
	choose their entire behavior based on the minimization of
	effort. More specifically, behavior related to a human beings
	need and desire to, in the course of daily life, move around
	his/her environment, or activity space. Basically Zipf,
	determined peoples behavior in space based on the minimization
	of effort.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Theo_de_Raadt#Theo_vs._DJB
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Daniel_J._Bernstein

Was wonderfully amusing to watch, like a head-on train collision in
slow motion.  I saw the thread and I was like:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/100/dis_gon_be_good.gif

Here it is:
http://marc.info/?t=99867604400001&r=1&w=3
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2001-08/2543.html
--
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Split a packed field and I am there; parse a line of text and you will find me.