[langsec-discuss] [nom] dynamic length take!

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 21:58:55 UTC 2015

Hi Richo,

I guess it is about time I make a proper mailing list for nom. There's
a gitter available ( https://gitter.im/Geal/nom ) but not everybody
likes that platform. I also answer on IRC freenode and mozilla as
geal, but I should make a new channel.

The problem you encountered is that ranges use the usize type, and the
expression passed to "take" is a u32. I just pushed a fix (
https://github.com/Geal/nom/commit/d21e86ca9a5c9e574f13685700611deb69e32787
) and I'll publish a new crate for this tomorrow, once I fix a few
other issues. In the meantime, you can try to write
"take!((block_length - 12) as usize)", that should work.

Sorry for the noise, LangSec friends, I'll create the official
communication channels. Anyway, take this as a good opportunity to try
nom and Rust too :)
http://spw15.langsec.org/papers/couprie-nom.pdf
https://github.com/Geal/nom

Cheers,