[langsec-discuss] The "grammar" approach...

Derick Winkworth ccie15672 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:20:22 UTC 2016

I was looking at the DNP3 slides and it occurred to me that this approach
to protocol design that is grammar based, is very interesting.

In this case, they went through the process of defining a grammar for an
existing protocol.  This process might actually have another application in
the realm of machine learning and language processing.

There isn't a lot of detail in the slides about this process.  Are there
any links or references any of you could share?  Specifically on how to
define a grammar or how to think about grammar with respect to a language
or protocol?

Thanks.

Derick